Spring is around the corner and it’s time to gear up for spring event planning. Spring is always a fun season for weddings, bridal showers and baby showers because we can take advantage of the beautiful weather (hopefully not too wet on your special event day), beautiful blooms, and fresh, local produce. If you’re looking for some easy appetizers to fill the table, here are 8 simple spring wedding appetizers to help (great for showers, too!)
8 Simple Spring Wedding Appetizers
- Deviled Eggs – This is an inexpensive favorite that’s easy to put together. Ask the guest of honor’s family members to see if one of them has a “signature” recipe to make it extra meaningful.
- Ham and Cheese Mini Croissants – These can easily be made with the pre-made dough in the tube, thinly sliced deli meat and a dollop of cream cheese or white cheddar. Roll a piece of ham and some cream cheese up in the croissant and bake according to package directions.
- Fruit Skewers – Seasonally available fruit can’t be beat! Use a variety of colors, from strawberries, cantaloupe, pineapple, blueberries, and more! Can be made on long skewers or long toothpicks for easier serving.
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Fresh Veggies – Artichokes are in season, but if you don’t want to make your own dip, you can find some delightful pre-made dips pretty much anywhere during this time of year. Serve with a rainbow of dipper veggies, like cucumber, carrots, julienne-cut bell peppers etc.
- Bacon Wrapped Potato Bites – Choose your favorite potatoes and cut them into bite-sized pieces, wrap in bacon and bake until potatoes are done and bacon is crispy; approximately 20-30 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries – The Central Valley is really fortunate to have the best strawberries available in the country. From Watsonville and other local communities, these sweet gems dipped in chocolate are sure to be a favorite.
- Skewered Meatballs – Any recipe, skewered with long toothpicks, and drizzled with sauce on the tray, these make an easy and attractive appetizer at spring events.
- Cake Pops – Cake pops are always a fun treat that can be made to fit almost any theme. Get the kids involved in this one. Pick out a recipe from Pinterest and let the kids help prepare them.
- These simple spring wedding appetizers or shower appetizers can help fill in the gaps for your next spring event.
MSI provides event planning services for weddings, corporate events, large parties and more! If you’re looking for more ways to make sure your next big event in Fresno, Clovis or surrounding communities is a success and within your budget, we would love to hear from you!