5 Ways to Save Planning Your Fresno Special Event
- Have a budget in place – If you don’t have a budget to begin with, you will overspend 100% of the time. Put your budget on paper and make room for the unforeseen expenses that creep up.
- Negotiate, negotiate, negotiate – Depending on the type of even you’ll be hosting, sometimes you can find sponsors to help cover some of the costs of the event in exchange for some advertising. If the time or date for your event is flexible, consider choosing a less popular date or time to shave off of the cost of renting your venue.
- Strategically select keynote speakers – If you know that a popular speaker will be in town anyway, consider asking them to speak at your event as well for a discounted rate since they’ll be in town anyway.
- Change up the menu – If you’re serving a meal or food, buffets are typically cheaper than individual plates. Price compare your options and choose according to your budget. You might also be able to negotiate a cheaper rate with the catering company in exchange for some advertising at the event.
- Hire a professional event planner who knows their stuff – Hiring an event planner may seem like an extra cost, but if you hire one who knows their stuff, you can save planning your Fresno special event because they are able to do the negotiations for you. Event planners have an arsenal of money-saving tips and also have great relationships with vendors, gaining you an automatic “in” when it comes to negotiating lower costs.
Looking to save planning your Fresno special event? Let MSI be your experienced go-to event planner for saving time, stress, and money for your next event!